Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs for Microsoft Windows, as well as web sites, web applications and web services. Visual Studio uses Microsoft software development platforms such as Windows API, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Storeand Microsoft Silverlight. It can produce both native code and managed code.
- Includes Tier Interaction Profiling
- Includes SketchFlow
- Read-Only diagrams
- Microsoft SharePoint Server is licensed separately
- Microsoft Project and Project Server are licensed separately
- Microsoft System Center is licensed separately
- Usage above your monthly allotment billed to your Microsoft Azure subscription
- Microsoft Azure benefits vary by offering and include cloud use rights for select software. For more information, see the Microsoft Azure site and the Visual Studio and MSDN Licensing white paper. Pricing displayed in US dollars. View other currencies.
- Includes Release Management Client for Visual Studio 2013
- Offers vary by subscription level. For more information, see Special Offers for MSDN Subscribers
- Per subscription term
- Available through November 11, 2015 or while supplies last. MPN, BizSpark, and DreamSpark subscribers do not receive Pluralsight benefits with their MSDN subscription.
- Download the offline installer
- Mount the ISO
- Run the installer
- Install it usually
Direct Download Link
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
- 20 GB of available hard disk space
- 5400 RPM hard disk drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
- This version of Visual Studio works best with Internet Explorer 10 or higher. If Internet Explorer 10 is not installed on your computer, some features might not work as expected.
- KB2883200 (available through Windows Update) is required
- For Windows Phone development:
- Windows Phone 8.0 development requires Windows 8.1 (x64) or higher
- Windows Phone 8.1 development requires Windows 8.1 (x86) or higher
- For the Windows Phone emulators, Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or higher, and a processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
If your computer meets the operating system requirements but does not meet the hardware requirements for the Windows Phone Emulators, the Windows Phone development tools will install and run. However, the Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 Emulators will not function and you must use a device to deploy or test Windows Phone apps.